Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Maximal imagination, minimal computer skills

I wanted to help myself envision what my new profile will look like. I figured the front view would be too hard to imagine or photoshop, but it would be super simple to photoshop a little forward jaw movement, ya? Well I don't have real photoshop (or any photoshop skills) so I turned to my pal google and what I've ended up with is a program called Gimp (very aptly named I might add). This is so hard- how do they do it so well on magazines? This is what I ended up with:


Here's hoping that my world-class surgeon can do a better job than me! Still kind of cool to see though. Shouldn't there be some kind of computer program in this day and age that can do this better than my unsteady finger/trackpad Gimp action? Is there one?

6 days to go. Freaking out.

A

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Rasiuk4 July 2012 at 20:09

    WOAH! thats pretty cool! and i must say that i am impressed you figured out how to photoshop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn Scott Gibson5 July 2012 at 08:33

    We have the best surgeons on the planet right here in Hogtown, so take a deep breath ... I personally wish photoshop could follow me around where ever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! Just have to keep reminding myself that :) And yes that would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Allie,
    I have been so impressed with your blog. Your sense of humour and spunky voice make for a great read. I'm sure many of us are now also googling Gimp!

    ReplyDelete